Monday 15 September 2014

Apple Picking












I went apple picking.  It was so much fun.  We went last year and it was wet and a bit miserable.  It was still fun but my feet were soaking.

This year as well, I had more of a plan when it came to what I am going to do with the apples.  I am hitting the ground running!  I plan on eating 2-3 apples each day!  Not a hard resolution when they are so delicious!  I have already made 3 batches of chutney and I currently have a batch of apple and pear curd on the stove top.  Last year, I made mincemeat, chutney (two different types) and apple butter.  I don't think I will make apple butter and mincemeat again.  The chutneys proved to be the best option.  My house will smell like vinegar for the next while but it will be worth it to have a year long supply and gifts to give.  I would like to make a gluten free Christmas pudding if that is possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment